Friday, May 31, 2013

Winds and the cat

It's been a busy week, full of wonderful moments, but exasperatingly short on time. I got everything done that needed doing.

The stormy night did spawn tornadoes, one of which cut a four mile long swath 3 mile from the house. We were certainly lucky that most of that swath was trees instead of people.

 The world was making sounds that day that I have not heard for a very long time. It is frightening. I made a space for myself in the basement, just in case, and at one point, we were being directed to go there.  I stood on the back porch watching the pink lightning while talking to Tim and looking for my cat. The thunder grumbled on and on without ceasing high above me. It sounded so far away, yet directly over my head, and the noise really gave me the creeps.

In the end, the sirens stopped, and the sky settled down too. A new tornado warning was posted within minutes, but the sounds outside were not the same, and so I was comfortable going to bed and letting the world take care of itself, and so it did.

Nash the cat comes for dinner, and he enjoys being petted and held. He will have to be neutered before he comes in.







No comments: