Saturday, May 25, 2013

The boy knows how to work it...

William has a new habit that he's never had before. He is putting things in his mouth. Anything that will fit. I have to watch him closely.

Today I turned to him (we were in the same room, for heaven's sake!) and saw right away that he had something in his mouth, and found him sucking vigorously on a glass bead, another one in his hand. Horrified, I did a finger sweep, removed the item, and gave him a lecture. "No William, that does NOT go in your mouth. Only food goes in your mouth."

He listened and then he cocked his head to the side. With a endearing little smile, he said, "I love you, Memaw."

4 comments:

Kelly said...

My middle grandchild is terrible about putting things in her mouth now. I've noticed she watches me closely as she does it, too...just waiting on me to tell her "no"!

Yep, they sure know how to work us. (as did their parents)

jeanie said...

Ah, he is good!!

BUSH BABE said...

LOL - that's it William. Smart lad.
;-)

Linda Gross said...

We have to watch Harper and June, too; they put anything in their mouths as well.