Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sirens going off all over. "Probable tornadic activity". Headed our way. First warning expires 9:15. Ack. I've got the washer and dryer pushed apart, and I'll hide there if necessary.

Late edit: the first line of storms weakened before they got to my little town, but it was pretty scary. I don't like pink lightning. There were no tornadoes from that line of storms. We lost power, power's back. There are reports of tornado touchdowns in the county, although I have not heard of any specific areas or damage.

A second storm front is moving through, and we have tornado warnings again. It seems pretty mild. I'm going to bed.

Night all.

Late, late edit: That was quite a night. I spent a lot of it on the back porch watching the sky to the west where the storm was coming in. The sky was grumbly, with the strangest thunder I ever heard. It just did not stop...it sounded like a growl. It is now morning, and cloudy, but quiet.

1 comment:

BUSH BABE said...

So glad you guys are safe... those tornadoes are monsters, aren't they? Very unusual to have one in Oz, and then they are nothing like the size of the ones you guys get. Thank goodness.
:-)