Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring

I've been holed up with a rotten, rotten cold that turned into a rotten, rotten sinus thing, which turned in to a rotten, rotten cough that caused my head to feel as if it would explode. Not a fun time.

Yesterday, I drove home from work, and I had to take off my coat. It was too warm. And when the big fat rain drops began to splatter on the car, I realized that spring had sprung. I turned into the driveway and saw patches of snowdrops raising their heads. I listened for a moment to the birds.

I came into the house and curled up on the sofa, feeling miserable. I shuffled off to become one with my neti pot several times over the course of the night, and then came back to the sofa. I finally simply gave up and took a prescription painkiller for my head and shuffled off to bed.

This morning, I woke up early, and I lay in the dark. I realized that my head didn't hurt. I lay there for 20 minutes and did not cough. Not once. I'm up early, and now I am listening to the rain. Spring is sprung! Today I think that I'll be able to appreciate it properly. It has been a long, long winter!

5 comments:

Scotty said...

Glad you're feeling better, Debby.

:-)

A Novel Woman said...

Doug and I had that same cold while we were diving last week. A coughing jag in a mask and regulator at 60 feet below is a nasty thing indeed, but like you, the cold cleared up quickly. Only missed one day. It's grey and rainy today, but I keep telling myself that it's ushering in Spring so be patient. I miss the sun!

BUSH BABE said...

Yay for spring!!! Glad you are feeling better... hoping it's the start of bright new happy things.
:-)
BB

Debby said...

I have had this cold since February 21st, and unfortunately, I have relapsed. Off to visit the doctor today.

Mary Paddock said...

Yuck. Hang in there Deb. I hope the doc works out the cause.