Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mystery

So...

I came home from work, with a bag full of Easter items for William. I dropped the bag on the table, did a few things. Changed clothes. Came out and checked the computer. Got the teensiest bit enmeshed in thread on facebook. My newspaper fired a woman for 'liking' something on facebook.

I talked to Tim on the phone, got the news that he bought another house, and then got ready for a nap. I'm going to church at 2 and staying until 4. We do a vigil, to commemorate Jesus' night in Gethsemane. The church will have people staying awake through the night. It's a good time to sit and think quietly, to pray, to be grateful, etc.

I have a lot to be grateful for. It wasn't me at work. I was NOT unprofessional, or untrainable, or stupid, or any of that. It sounds stupid, but upon the discovery, I ducked into a bathroom and almost cried from relief. I cannot even tell you how much better I feel.

So, like I said, I just kind of putzed around the house.

Anyhow, deep in thought about my remarkable day, I shlep back out to the kitchen to put something in the sink and discover that there is a brand new laundry basket sitting on my kitchen floor by the door. It was not there when I came home. Someone opened the door, set the basket on the floor, and left. While I was here. And I didn't notice.

I don't even need a laundry basket.

1 comment:

Snoskred said...

Can we know more about the work thing? I will like to know more about this, and how it came to a resolution of sorts? :)

Of course, to us, the fact that you were - NOT unprofessional, or untrainable, or stupid, or any of that - comes to us as a complete NON surprise. We all knew that already.

I am so glad this was the end result - does this mean back to the previous amount of hours?