Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mr. Reier

The first three paragraphs are about my friend. Just a brief mention but what a lasting memory for me. I will never forget him. I saw him once again, perched high in our July 4th parade as our county's oldest veteran, and he smiled and waved at us all. I know that he did not see me in the crowd, but it was a happy moment for me.

I was invited to his 100th birthday celebration.

It makes me sad that it will not happen, but I console myself that Jim and Bertha are doubtless dancing together once again.

God bless you my friend.

3 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

My beloved Nana died at 99. I think sometimes they slip away before their 100th because they don't want all the fuss.

jeanie said...

Oh Debbie. He lived a good life. He made your life (and ours through you) a little bit richer.

BUSH BABE said...

Oh I am so very sorry he didn't reach this milestone for you all to celebrate. But I do believe you are right... there's dancing somewhere with someone he wanted to celebrate with even more. ♥