Monday, September 10, 2012

Trusting myself.

I've spent most of my life 'settling'. That means trying to make difficult situations work, when they are really not working at all. I don't know why, exactly, but I always have this feeling that I have to make it work, mostly because I have nothing better to replace it with. Part of it is self esteem, I imagine.

Tonight, I am handing in my two week notice at my current job.

I am trusting that there is something out there for me, somewhere. I am trusting in my own ability to find it, trusting that I will recognize it when I see it.

I'm not accustomed to trusting myself. Tonight is a big step for me.

6 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

Good ON you... there is much out there just demanding your presence. Choose wisely.

BB

Anonymous said...

I think that is totally the best decision for YOU Deb. A hard one to make but you have to follow your feelings/intuition and look after yourself first.

I am sure there is the 'right' position out there for you and you will make a great OT. You may also be able to use those skills you have learned in many other ways - who knows?

All the very best for your next step in life. Barbxx

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Way to go, Deb. Step off the safe sidewalk and jump into the more energetic street of vocational fulfillment. I hate working just for money; when I stop enjoying what I do , I switch careers. Looks like you do to--it's a great life and think of all the fun skills you have accumulated along the way !~!

Coralee said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing you luck and a wide range of choices when the time is right. Love my job but over the past 3 or 4 years I've discovered several other things I might have made into a career. Now I'm thinking about those for retirement ( if such a thing exists)and looking forward to that day, which is approaching faster than I ever thought it would.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, sometimes we have to take control of our life and do something just because we want and know it is the best thing for us. A new and better job will come your way, give it time. Ellie

quid said...

Deb,

I've changed careers twice... once at 42 and once at 51. I know, that's nuts. The third of these professions, the one I'm in now, is the least financially secure. But the one that I choose, the one where I feel I make a contribution each and every day.

As time goes by, you will feel this, too.

Q