Friday, September 14, 2012

Looking ahead

I've been feeling sick about resigning a job before I had another. I've never done that before. Tim is right that we can afford this. Tim is also right that I need to have the time to properly look for another job. Today, I have applied online for 3 jobs in Erie. I have signed up to take the civil service exam for some local jobs. I am out the door to drop off an application with the school district.

In the middle of all that agonizing (have I done the right thing?), there is something new taking root. A curiosity. I'm excited to see what comes next.

7 comments:

Hal Johnson said...

It's great that you have the opportunity to look for the job that you want instead of taking one because you need it. It sounds like the concept is strange for you. Good. Indulge in the strange.

Debby said...

I have never had the opportunity to choose a job. The job opportunity has always presented itself to me, and I have always taken it. Isn't that odd. I've never thought about it, but it is the truth.

That is not to say that I have not enjoyed my jobs. Usually, I do.

Bill of Wasilla said...

Sorry your job did not work out... glad you are excited about what comes next.

jeanie said...

Just remember that whatever happens next was meant to happen - and I have confidence that it will be the right thing for you.

A fantastic adventure is life.

BUSH BABE said...

It will be exactly what it should be... look forward to hearing/reading the next chapter of your adventures!
;-)
BB

ferdinand hegemur said...

:)

quid said...

Take time to choose. Good for Tim, supporting you in making the choice to find the right job.

Q