Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy dance

There's a lot going on here. We've rehabbed an apartment and are nearly done. A new tenant feels like it is where she's meant to be. I've discovered a wise new friend. I'm still sick, unbelievably. This cold is heading into its third week. I don't think the antibiotic is working, and have a call into the doctor to see if it can be changed.

We were going to head out to see Dylan and Brittani this weekend, but discovered that I will not be starting actual work until after the Memorial Day weekend. A quick check with Dylan and Brittani indicated that this would be a better weekend for them, as well, so we decided to head out next weekend. Turns out that Tim wanted to go to graduation. He wanted to see me walk. At the last minute, I decided to do it.

I've spent the week in classes for this certification exam for a three day stretch. I spent evenings in orientation for the new job. It's a busy time, a celebrating sort of happy time.

I had a break between class and orientation yesterday, and so I took my lunch and a book and sat on Chautauqua Lake listening to the water lapping and watching people. I recognized clients and caregivers for the facility I now work for, walking, taking in the sun. I saw the Amish boy with a wondering look on his face as he took in the scenery from his wheelchair. I saw the blissful, calm look on his face as the sun caressed it as gently as his mother's hand. I saw a very heavy man walking around and around the track with a determined look, and in my heart, I found myself cheering him on. I saw mothers with their children playing at the little playground. I saw a dog walk by with a happy tail to tell. He looked like Buck, and it made me smile. It has been such a long time since I had the time to look outside myself. It has been all about me, about my books and my studying. All about me.

And now it's not.

Anyone care to join me in a happy dance?

7 comments:

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

I'd love the honor of dancing with you to the joy-filled melodies of your current life.

Scotty said...

Tippety-tap, shuffle, swirl...

:-)

BUSH BABE said...

ABSOLUTELY!! Let's get this party started...
:-)
BB

Kelly said...

Well sure...I'll dance with you. ;)

Debby said...

Well, we've got enough people here...let's get started.

You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out...

Thanks, everyone!

BUSH BABE said...

(not BB here but jeanie again - blah blah blah can't be bothered ... sign in/sign out palaver)

You do know that it is what it is all about, don't you Deb?

I am going to track down how a comedien over here, Jimoin came to that conclusion for you one day.

Have a wonderful graduation - I think it is wonderful that the universe has given you the opportunity to enjoy a celebration of your own huge achievement.

(You know we will all be there with you too, don't you?)

quid said...

I'm so happy you decided to walk on your graduations... I picture you foxtrotting across the stage.

One of the prettiest places I've ever been in my life... Chautauqua Lake ...when I read your blog, I transported myself back 30 years ago.

quid