Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pet Peeve. One of 'em, anyway.

You know what I hate? I hate it when you get around to grabbing your laundry from the dryer three days after you put in in the aforementioned dryer, and discover that the aforementioned clothes are sitting there damp and mildew-y because they have not been dried. Might have been that you forgot to turn on the dryer. Might have been that you did not reset the timer on the dryer. Who knows. But there they are, and you discover that the whole load needs to be re-washed.

I REALLY hate that.

PS Please do not point out that if I was the sort of person who went down to grab her laundry from the dryer the same day she put it in, this would not be an issue. Thank you.

8 comments:

quid said...

Sigh. I do it all the time.

Think how clean they are when you "re-wash".

quid

Mary Paddock said...

You mean you're supposed to take it out the same day? Ohhhh . . .

I just hate it when I forget to turn the thing on. Kind of like making coffee in the morning but forgetting to pour in the water (or add the grounds).

BUSH BABE said...

See, I'm not the only one!!! LOL... just glad my laundry is FINALLY inside the house. No excuses now.
:-)
BB

Scotty said...

Hehe, so much one COULD say but, discretion being the better part of valour, and all that...

:-)

Debby said...

Wise, Scotty. Very wise.

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

BB, my laundry machines are in the kitchen--not under cover or in a shed or taking space from spouse.They go round and round reassuring me that most things are right with the world.

Mrs. Spit said...

Meh. If you were the sort of person who got her laundry right away I wouldn't enjoy you. Only boring people get their laundry right away.

BUSH BABE said...

(not BB here but jeanie - but can't be bothered with the sign in/sign out palaver so just bear)

You know what I hate even more? Going down to "move the washing along" and discover that you didn't even put it into the dryer so it is getting mouldy in the washing machine - still, the bright side indicates that this means you don't have to rehandle to rewash...

Or even better, getting the clothes from the washer to go on the line or into the dryer - and discover they aren't even wet yet, because a button wasn't pushed.

This is from a girl who has also washed a load or two of washing without remembering to put clothes in (and doing a load or two forgetting powder - that is child's play!!!)

Here is to enjoying a week of "turning the washing around that day" as we call it in the family. We celebrate it when the stars align for that one.