Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Neighbors

Our rentals are on the same street that we live on now, so it is kind of cool that we have lots of 'neighbors'. We had the carpets cleaned in an apartment yesterday, and went over last night to check on them and close up the windows. Our neighbor across the street hailed us. She was weeding out her garden beds in front of her house. "Do you want some vines?" she called. I went over to grab a garbage bag full of them, and we sat talking on the porch steps as the day slowly turned to night.

That's one thing that I really like about living in town. There's always someone to visit with. Somebody out walking their dog, the blind man tapping his way down the side walk calling out "God bless you!" as you pass. There are the more doubtful characters as well, but they still they wave and greet you as well. Yesterday, a little boy called out "What are you doing?" and then proceeded to tell us all about what he and his grandma were up to.

I never minded living in the woods but we had no neighbors, no one to visit with. In town, they are everywhere. Surprisingly, I am discovering that I am far more sociable than I ever would have believed.

6 comments:

jeanie said...

I always figured you on being an easy to converse with woman - glad that you have it on tap there!!

BUSH BABE said...

LOL - agree with my sister! Does Tim hide inside or is he all social too?? We need more house pics methinks..
:-)
BB

Jayne said...

I reckon you and I could talk the hind legs off donkeys underwater with mouthfuls of marbles ;)

Debby said...

LOL, Jayne. Yuh-huh. Sounds about right.

Bill of Wasilla said...

That's why I like to go to Metro Cafe and Abby's Home Cooking. Especially these days, with Margie gone most of the time and me alone most all the time.

Bill of Wasilla said...

That's why I like to go to Metro Cafe and Abby's Home Cooking. Especially these days, with Margie gone most of the time and me alone most all the time.