Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dreaming

I knew I was coming down with a cold, and it has now settled in my chest. I worked with Tim at the apartment and came home. The cold chills began to set in, and I was so very tired. I decided that after I got him off to work, I would give in and curl up with a good book. I read 'Anne of Avonlea'.

In the middle of all this planning for graduation, in the middle of all this looking forward, I stopped to read a book that Cara loved as a girl, and as miserable as I felt, it was wonderful to escape to the past.

I eventually dozed off and I dreamt of a girl with stars in her eyes and big dreams. She did not have Anne's red hair, and her blue jeans would have looked very out of place in Avonlea.

2 comments:

Linda G. said...

Hope you are feeling better!

jeanie said...

Vicks!!!