Sunday, April 22, 2012

There's no business like snow business

After the winter that wasn't, not really, we are supposed to get a major snow event. I live square in the middle of the purple band up by the New York State line, which means we are supposed to wind up with over 12 inches between now and Tuesday morning. This after a few days of weather so warm that you could go without a coat at all. It probably sounds whiney, but ooooh! So not looking forward to this. The good side of it is that I do not have to drive anywhere tomorrow, now that my clinicals are over.


Today at the Tractor Supply, an old friend from my high school days came in. Of course, everyone is talking about the snow. Bill's a farmer, and he said, "Well, I've got a bet riding on it. A friend is paying for my lunch if we get less than five inches." I looked at him and grinned. "Tell you what," I said. "If we get less than five inches, by gosh, it will make me so happy, I'll pay for your desert!" We laughed.


We shall see what happens. Supposed to start in four more hours.

7 comments:

Mikey said...

Such bizarre weather. Be careful if you do go out. Hope you have to buy dessert :)

TREELOVER said...

You have snow - we have rain! despite London and SE of England (and other parts of this country too) being officially declared draught areas - with water restrictions - we have had torrential bouts of rain everyday for the last few weeks

The sun will come out - then half an hour later we are back to thunder and lightening and hailstones.

We had some very hot weather in March - I think that was our summer!

quid said...

You're probably in the middle of it now, Deb. Good luck!

quid

Debby said...

Wish me luck. I thought that I was going to miss Maya Angelou, but the weather did not start overnight. I'm heading out right now. Wish me luck. I might be stranded in Clarion. Or maybe not even make it. Life's for living.

Kelly said...

I thought about you when I saw this on the news last night!

jeanie said...

Oooh - enjoy Maya Angelou!! We have to pay to travel and see snow here - although the fog a few days ago was pretty close.

BUSH BABE said...

Far out... snow! I want pics please. Your new house with snow around it. Hope you enjoyed the show and got home safe.