Monday, February 6, 2012

It WAS an Omen!

As per usual, Bush Babe was right. My exploding coffee pot was an omen, just like she said. She told me that it meant that I'd be getting a new cappuccino machine. She was right, by cracky. And not to be one that argues with an omen, tonight, I went out and bought a new cappuccino/espresso machine.

Oh, and despite the surprising start to the day, the rest of the day went perfectly well.

On a completely different note, this weekend, after really wrestling with things for some time, we tried a new church. The pastor was speaking on a congregant's favorite verse. When he was done, he said, "I should probably ask you what this reading means to you. We listened as she spoke.

I like that the pastor listened as well as he talked.

I like that he doesn't believe that he has all the answers, or that he is the only one with the right answers.

I like that the church seems to believe that two people might differ on a what a passage means, but that everyone listens respectfully, trusting in the Godliness of the heart of the speaker.



It means a lot to me.

5 comments:

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Being heard and then validated by the listener creates pathways to communication which may then foster additional understanding of one another.

BUSH BABE said...

Yes. I knew I had something important to say. I am generally right when it comes to coffee.

About religion... not so much.

Glad your day improved!
:-)
BB

Coralee said...

You can read the same passage of scripture 100's of times throughout your life and I think a great majority of those times you'll be inspired or comforted in a different way. The Bible is an amazing tool; a book that offers us guidance and shares with us what others learned or experienced as they became acquainted with our God. A primer, if you will, for our walk with Him.

Bill said...

A new cappucino machine and a new church and pastor - sounds like a life to the both the body and soul.

Bob said...

Tell us more about the church.