Thursday, January 19, 2012

Laughing with the Oldies

An elderly woman wheeled up to an elderly man, and said, in a very concerned voice, "Your hand is very swollen."

The gentleman looked down and good naturedly agreed that it was. The lady peppered him with questions...what happened to his hand? why was it swollen? did it hurt? Her concern was not gong to be stopped, so finally, the elderly man said, "Well, it's been in a sling quite awhile, and it just started swelling and..."

I looked over and said "Well now that surely explains my butt. Lord knows, I've had that in a sling times too numerous to count..."

He slapped his knee and guffawed while the elderly woman covered her mouth and giggled like a school girl.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

LOL
I love your humour, Debby :)

quid said...

I got a big kick out of this, Debby... I have been unable to comment on your blog, and I just got a hint from Kelly on what to do. Obviously, it fixed the problem.

The "fix" was in the January 22 post on this blog:

http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/

Thought you might want to have it if others are having trouble commenting.

Really a beautiful blog, too!

quid