Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gonna be mad for a long, long time...

This morning, my husband got out of bed. We were traveling to Erie for his surgery. He felt better, he told me. I told him that he still had the problem that caused the pinched nerve. He said he wasn't having surgery. I told him he needed it. He told me he would not go.

It is the first argument we've ever had in this new house. I'm so mad at him I cannot stand it. He has called the hospital, called the surgery off, and I am so angry at him I don't even know what to do with myself.

10 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

TIM!!!!! You better not be complainin' about that back anytime soon... don't MAKE me come over there.

Deep breath Deb.
BB

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

What a huge disappointment; wish i were close enough to hug you in the misery of it all. I am so sorry.

Linda G. said...

Men can be so stubborn! I'm sorry that the two of you had your first argument in the house. I hope that you don't have to tell Tim "I told you so" in the near future.

A Novel Woman said...

He's scared. Reality is, he will be in even more pain, and when the pain gets so bad he can't stand it, it will supercede the fear and he'll have to go. Until then, not much you can do. I do understand, though.

Kelly said...

I'm really sorry, Debby. I can understand your frustration and anger.
(((hugs)))

Caroline said...

I wouldn't be surprised if a little bit of fear is mixed in there. Otherwise, I'll just say "MEN, sometimes they just need a good whack upside the head!"

Mary Paddock said...

I think Novel Woman is right. Give him a little more time and see if he doesn't reach the conclusion that he needs that surgery after all.

Jayne said...

(((hugs))) Men, fear and stubbornness are a bad mix.
Hopefully he'll come around sooner rather than later.

Bill of Wasilla said...

Boy! A lot of male-bashing here.

I hope Scott changes his mind and gets his surgery soon.