Saturday, December 17, 2011

Today's 'Moment'

I was busy, and I heard a siren, and it sounded close. When you live in the big city (joke, people ~ this is a small town), you get accustomed to things. If I would have heard that siren out in the woods, I would have dropped everything and dashed to the window to see where it was headed, but not here.

Anyways, I was in the front of the house and I heard the back door fly open. I head Tim's voice. Excited, like a kid. I heard 'Santa' and 'firetruck', and the door closed.

What?

I went to the front window and looked and there was a firetruck in front of the house, moving slowly, with a little girl running along side. Sure enough. Santa stood on top with a elf (one that appeared much larger than you'd expect an elf to be, actually). I wanted to take a picture, but I couldn't remember where I'd plugged in the camera to charge. (Sorry, BB...)

But that's life in the big city. I love that I have a husband who finds that exciting stuff, so exciting that he'd climb down off a ladder to check on it, and then rush in to call out the news to me.

I wonder if he was a shepherd in a previous life?

6 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

Oh Deb... what a great moment. Love that spontaneous response from your quiet husband. And no... I CANNOT believe you couldn't get to your camera in time.
;-)
BB

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

That's a true spirit feeling free and easy--how fab that you make space for your husband's inner child to beam forth when it receives input like a fire truck with the Big Red Guy on it. Happy Holidays.

jeanie said...

But you did snap the picture, Deb - there is a copy right here on your blog!!!

Bill of Wasilla said...

First, I wish I could have had one of yesterday's cinamon rolls.

Second, get one of the new iPhone 4s's and just keep it with you all the time. Problem solved. Little girl and Santa running with firetrucks documented.

Kelly said...

Don't worry - it seems like I never have my camera at the right time, either.

Scotty said...

That's great, Debby - one of the things we did for years at the Defence Force bases I worked at was to take turns each year dressing up as Santa and delivering sweets to all the kids on base - so much fun to see the smiles on their faces as they saw Santa come down their street in a fire truck.

:-)