Friday, December 2, 2011

Ooooh. Shiny...

I was up and running today. I had my presentation, and a meeting, and I hopped out of the shower, got dressed, and started blow drying my hair like I do every morning, and suddenly something struck me. It just stopped me dead in my tracks. My hair is shiny again. I'm not sure when that happened.

Sounds stupid doesn't it? It kind of felt like my hair had changed when it grew back after the chemo. It was there, but it was just sort of dull and lifeless, and I kept it short just so it would look neat. I was grateful to have hair. I tried not to think much farther than that on it, but sometimes, I'd find myself seeing women with pretty, shiny hair, and I'd feel a twinge of jealousy...and I am not given to jealousy.

And then this morning, blow drying my hair, I realized that once again, my hair was shiny and smooth.

This is a big deal to me, and when I put on my red coat, and wrapped my gray scarf around my neck, the one that makes my eyes look very blue, I stepped out of the house and I felt good about myself.

7 comments:

Pencil Writer said...

Awesome! I love hair that is shiny, too. Mine went through something funky lately and can't really explain when exactly or why, though it's getting more back to usual. But, I'm excited for you. Sounds like so many things are coming together nicely for you. Hope Tim gets better soon!

BUSH BABE said...

Yay! Can feel your shiny from here - gorgeous!
:-)
BB

Brianna said...

I noticed that your hair was getting it's shine back when we were over for Thanksgiving... didn't realize you hadn't noticed! Looks good, Mom! :)

Caroline said...

shiny hair! Love it.

Kelly said...

Definitely a smile-worthy post. :)

Scotty said...

I'm with Kelly - its smile-worthy indeed

:-)

jeanie said...

Yay!!! Now to get it back to swishy, eh? (Paris has just started to notice "swish" and does it often)