Saturday, November 12, 2011

Where'd he go?

We're going through stuff at an amazing clip. Questions come up. What do you do with that box of unmatched socks that sits in the laundry room? Do you take it with you? Because as soon as you throw that box of socks away, you're going to find the missing socks. And now is the prime time for finding stuff, because we are finding a ton of stuff. (Most of which causes us to scratch our heads and think, okay...so just why were we saving this....?

The washer has been running nonstop. We're washing all the bedding so that everything is clean and fresh in the new house.

The burn pile has been burning all morning. Reminds me of the store advertisements: "EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!"

We've got lists. What must absolutely be at the house tonight. What absolutely must be done before the end of the day. Responsibilities are divvied up. I've got to go to work.

In the middle of this chaos, my beloved looks at me and says this:

"You know, people should move every ten years."

Me: "I know I've said it before Tim, but this time I really mean it. I don't want to move anymore."

Tim: "Well, you don't know. You can never tell what the future holds." And out the door he goes grinning happily.

Okay. What happened to that man I married. The quiet guy. The one who didn't like change. The one that I thought would live on the top of the mountain forever, his roots wrapped tightly around the Scandia rocks?

I wonder if I'll find him during this 'redding out'?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

save the better socks, you can always wear them with your high boots even if they don't match. good luck in the new house, it is exciting to read about even.

Mikey said...

Lol, what an exciting time though! I'm so happy for you both :)

BUSH BABE said...

Sock transform sticks into hobby horses. Seriously. Check out my Melbourne cup day blog - easy to make, great for gifts or to see!!

How is Tim's back?

Cannot WAIT to see you moved in to this house... wheeeeee!!!!
:-)
BB

Bill of Wasilla said...

I'll bet some of those socks are mine.

I don't ever want to move from this house. Ever.

jeanie said...

Mum's mother always said that a couple of moves is the equivalent of a housefire (and she would have known)

PaintedPromise said...

lol at Bill... i know how you feel! we have decided to ACT as if we are moving even though we aren't, and go through "stuff" and get it organized and moved along. ha ha ha. when we moved here almost 10 years ago with 4 kids, we never unpacked all the boxes we brought then... now the kids are gone and OMG we have so much STUFF! the sad part is, Randy had an absolute TOn of stuff that he was going to do something with, and now he can't, so he has to go through it and move it along to someone who can... me, i just hope he can get some of his money back buy selling that stuff...

but if we ever did move from here, it would be an absolute nightmare... it took us 3 months to move last time, and we only had 9 horses then, and no cows... we did have goats and chickens, but only a handful of dogs... YIKES!!