Saturday, November 26, 2011

This Weekend

This holiday weekend was all I could ask for. Grandbaby. Kids home from farflung places collecting their childhood memorabilia from their rooms to take back to their homes. Talk of childhoods. Dylan and Brittani will have a tree for the first time. Dylan was home to collect 'his' ornaments. We had a fun time going through the boxes of ornaments to separate them. "This ornament was made by your grandfather's mother" and "this ornament was from your grandparents' first Christmas tree and was on every tree every year that I can remember." Stuff like that. Relatives visited, and we laughed our hindends off. We babysat a three year old. Dylan read her "Walter the Farting Dog," and we talked about Dixie and Bob who'd sent the book. And we had a tea party with the pretty blue espresso cups. They played in the playroom after I left. Cara said, "Did you see the dead tarantula under the crib?" Dylan said, "Yes I did. And I thought to myself, if Brittani had seen that spider, she would SO not be sitting on the floor right now" and Brittani said, wide eyed, "What spider????!!!!" And everyone laughed.

Cara said, "This house is such a happy place. Everything just flows from one room to another. It's just perfect for company." Last night, she said, "I wish you would write these stories down. We never talk about what it was like when you were a child anymore, and you tell such good stories."

It just felt perfect, this first holiday in our first house.

4 comments:

Mikey said...

Awwww, perfect!!

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

What a fabulous First for the whole family !~! Best of the Season !~!

Brianna said...

Now that I know about the dead tarantula on the floor, I don't think I will be sitting on the floor more than I have to either, lol! It was nice, and all of us enjoyed it (the holiday, that is, NOT the dead spider!)

BUSH BABE said...

Awwwwwwww... yeah, what Mikey said.

This house? MADE for your family. I forsee many happy memories into the distant future.

Happy Festive Season, Deb & family!!
:-)
BB