Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving at our House.

The 'it's-at-the-other-house' syndrome struck a couple times as we prepared the Thankgsiving meal, but over all, things went pretty smoothly. We figured out how to make do without what we didn't have.

At one point, I heard Cara say to her brother, "You can't put in on the table like that. It looks so 'redneck'." Without missing a beat, Dylan looked at her and said, "Cara. We just opened a bottle of wine using a power drill and a pair of channel locks. You don't get much more redneck than that."

We about fell over laughing.

It was a good day with lots of laughing. Except for little William, who was having an unhappy day. Too much noise for the little guy, I guess. I hope he gets used to it. We are not a quiet family.

Okay. Now I need to know. Is this funny or not?



And what about this?



I thought it was "Laugh and the world laughs with you." I laugh 'til I cry. Every time. And the rest of the world, at least the ones sitting in this house look at me like I've lost my mind. And no one laughs.

3 comments:

quid said...

It's funny!!! Loved your Turkey day tale.

quid

A Novel Woman said...

The Turkey Bird was cute, but the puppet song almost killed me. There is very little that makes me laugh out loud, but that one made me laugh so hard I was crying. Crying! And yes, like you, I get the giggles so bad sometimes that my arms go limp and I'm wheezing and crying and usually the kids are just staring at me, and saying things like "oh no, she's gone, she's lost it."

Believe it or not, I have a puppet post ready to post on my blog because I met a professional puppeteer at my last conference. I think I have to add that second video.

Thanks for starting my day off right! (That song is stuck in my head "Never trust a pup-pet..." Hahahaaaaaa!

Scotty said...

Well, the puppet one was good but I really enjoyed the turkey one more.

:-)