Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Story of a Boy.

Once upon a time, there was a very well to do woman who never let you forget that she was well to do. She had two sons, very spoiled young men who had everything that they ever wanted. I cleaned their house. I used to feel badly that those boys had everything. I felt bad about the things that I could not afford for my own.

Today I saw one of those boys. He's been in prison twice since I knew him. He's still immature and loud, and silly. I looked at him and realized how lucky my children are that they did not have everything they ever wanted.

It's snowing like crazy outside. Three inches. If school was canceled tomorrow, I would not cry.

4 comments:

Ro said...

Those who get everything expect instant gratification and never learn to appreciate the true value of things or people.

Mikey said...

Good story and good reminder.

nancyspoint said...

Debby, Kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it? Your boys were well provided for after all. And wow, three inches of snow?? Where do you live? I thought I 'had it bad.'

BUSH BABE said...

Gosh. That IS scary. It's a balance you have to strike, isn't it? Snow? AGAIN? What?
:-)
BB