Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reporting Live!!!!

Reporting LIVE from the library! Yep. We have the computer hooked up, which is darned good news because it was very difficult trying to keep up with school stuff without it. Plus, I missed having my morning coffee with you all!

Last night, Tim hooked up the new phones we got. They are the fancy schmancy things. I was sprawled across the bed with some heat and vibration going on my legs, reading when the phone rang. I reached over and grabbed it. It was Tim who said, "I need you to come to the library please." Smart aleck. But the intercom thing will come in pretty handy. Especially between floors.

Today, I went to school. Tim stayed here, and managed to hook up the washer and dryer. Every new chore that I can do makes me feel as if we are one step closer to being settled in, really and truly settled in.


Tonight, we got some grocery shopping done. We had tomato soup and grilled tuna melts for supper. (I know. Not fancy, is it?) I've also got a crockpot with broccoli simmering in chicken broth. Tomorrow, we will have my famous (well...we like it...) cream of broccoli soup. Feels like home when you can cook.

I really love this house, and still, I find that I am pinching myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming. So far, I am not. I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

13 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Hurrah hurrah!

And I love tomato soup and grilled cheese (don't know what a tuna melt is) and cream of broccoli soup, yum. And fresh baked bread. I have yet to try those pepperoni rollup thingies. I'm afraid I'll mess it up, but it's on my list.

Mikey said...

I love to hear you're so very happy there. I'm so happy for you :)

Caroline said...

Did you bring over the can opener yet? It sounds like you are settling in nicely.

Scotty said...

News of the new house and the 'settling in' gets better each day, Debby - glad you're enjoying it.

:-)

Brianna said...

NW- I will explain what a tuna melt is. In my humble opinion, it is the best meal EVER. It is basically a grilled cheese, but you mix up a can of tuna and mayo (or Miracle Whip, depending on your preference), and you put it on the sandwich before you fry it up in the pan. We used to anticipate tuna melt dinner night the way some kids anticipate Christmas, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Brianna: please give us a call about Thanksgiving, okay?

Kelly said...

The "library"....sounds so impressive!!

Mmmmm...the food all sounds good, from the tuna melt all the way to the cream of broccoli soup!!

I love hearing all your settling in stories. We need updated photos, though - settling in photos. :)

quid said...

Congrats on the new house and cooking again, Deb!

BUSH BABE said...

*claps hands loudly*
SOOOOOOOO FANTASTIC! I can so picture you there in YOUR HOUSE. Say it out loud!
:-)
BB

PaintedPromise said...

grilled cheese and tomato soup is THE ULTIMATE comfort food... i'm so happy for you in your new home Deb!

Mary Paddock said...

Hurray! Sounds like you guys are getting comfortable in your new home.

jeanie said...

Oh wow - our tuna melts used to have tomato sauce, onion and chilli stirred in before grilling with cheese.

How did the meeting go?

nancyspoint said...

Debby, It sounds like you really are getting settled in. It does feel like home when you can start cooking. I can almost smell that soup simmering. Enjoy your new surroundings!