Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy

Today, I had the nicest day.

Really.

I spent the day setting up my new kitchen. It looks so very nice. Our appliances are still at the old house, but still...We hung the curtains we'd picked out last summer, and we moved in my baker's rack, and arranged the antique bottles and tin collection. Tim sat at our old table at the new house, and he said in a wondering sort of a voice, "This is really nice." The new paint glowed and the wood floors shone softly in the light. It is nice.

I hung my clock in the front hall and wound it. I moved the furniture into place in the library. I put William's playroom together on the third floor (someday that room will be his favorite room in the house I think.) I assembled beds and daydreamed. The wicker furniture has been painted white, and tomorrow it will be set into place. I hung pictures.

I'm so happy.

10 comments:

jeanie said...

:)

I am very happy for you!

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

That’s a wonderful experience liking where you live; I am very glad for you and hope you have many good years in the location.

Anonymous said...

A lovely post Deb. I can feel the happiness coming through and also what Jeanie said above. Barb

quid said...

Congratulations Deb and Tim!

quid

Brianna said...

Lots of great memories waiting to be made in that house, Mom and Tim! Can't wait! :)

Kelly said...

I know you're having fun - and such a sense of accomplishment!

Bill of Wasilla said...

It will be very good to sit in a wicker chair and look at pictures.

BUSH BABE said...

Yay.
No, let me say that again.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)
BB

nancyspoint said...

What a lovely post. I can almost picture you two right there in your kitchen. Enjoy getting settled!

PaintedPromise said...

so happy for you!!