Monday, October 31, 2011

What the HECK?????

She hasn't blogged it yet, but I gotta say, I think that Bush Babe has lost her ever loving mind. Truely. On facebook, she showed a picture of a very large snake in a crock, which is being held by Mr. Incredible.

She has shown us all manner of wildlife in Australia. She even takes photos of goannas and snakes. However this snake was a seven foot python. It was on the top shelf of her pantry. In the house.

She points out that the snake is not venomous.

I point out, once again, that it was seven foot long and on the top shelf of her pantry. In the house. INSIDE the house!

She pointed out that it was pretty placid.

I'm starting to worry about her mind people. I will point out once again, that it was seven feet long and on the top shelf of her pantry. Inside. the. house.

There are little details of this story which are disturbing to me. Now BB is a fairly tall drink of woman, but my question is, can she see the top shelf of her pantry, or is she like me in that she gropes blindly, locating what she's looking for by feel? And if you, in the course of grabbing the tumeric or the coriander, grab yourself a seven foot python, I want to point out that python is not listed as a substitution for any cooking ingredient that I am aware of.

Allow me also to say that if I ever reached up on the top shelf of my pantry and grabbed a seven foot python, I would have immediately peed my pants and then dropped over dead on the spot. Yes. This is correct. I am sure that at some point there would have been the scream heard round the world, but then I would be history, on my way to meet Jesus wearing wet pants.

Another little detail of the story is that apparently he made quite a mess up there, knocking things over and such. But it also is pointed out that the placid little fellow was not housebroken. Now that brings up another picture. Seven foot python...just how big...oh...never mind...

Anyways, I think that you want to hie over to her blog right now and demand that she post that story with its accompanying pictures. Demand it I say!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I would wonder if he has a wife and family somewhere in the house?

Anonymous said...

Oh. Anonymous. You have raised an interesting point. By interesting, I mean that I had not thought of this myself, and that the mere contemplation of this scenario has caused me to...well...never mind. ~debby

Kelly said...

I really don't mind snakes and we have plenty of them around here. Then again, I don't recall ever finding one INSIDE my house!

Pencil Writer said...

7 foot pythons in my house with small children in that same house . . . sounds like a recipe for . . . danger and dare I say, dinner??? I've had a poisonous snake in my house. I've had a bunch of other snakes on the outside (by the doors, on the patio, nest to the fence, on the driveway, next to the house close to the driveway) and they are part of the natural flora and fauna in Louisiana, but dang! I don't want to pythons or any other snake IN my house. I think they're amazing creatures, but when death is on the line . . . a snake free house is my kind of house. (The snakes can stay outside and keep the rodent population under control out there, thank you very much!)

BUSH BABE said...

You dag... I have submitted to your FB and blog campaign to explain. I don't REGULARLY find snakes in the house - and when you get the difference between CRANKY venomous snakes and EASYGOING pythons (not that I would ever voluntarily touch either) you understand that (despite the off-and-online drama) life is going on quite normally.

My ever-lovin' mind is right where it was when I met you. (Just as bad as that!)
:-)
BB

Kate Kepsel said...

Ha! You're cracking me up! But I am very glad that your post got BB to blog about her house guest :-) Don't yell at me...but i actually really like snakes...not the "cranky venomous" ones...but the easygoing pythons for sure. They are so beautiful and interesting and Mahvelous. I know, i know. I'm weird. BUT it would be very scary to reach up to a shelf and find a snake there...i admit that much ;-)

PaintedPromise said...

holy moley...

PaintedPromise said...

or maybe that should be, holy monty?

Margie from New York said...

Ha ha I read that one from the Bush Babe, I love her blog. You have to remember they live in Australia, out in the bush it's pretty wild kingdom there. The closest thing I've had to that was a foot long garter snake in the basement.