Monday, October 17, 2011

Hearing problems.

Tim's been saying he's having trouble hearing, and I've been thinking, 'well, he doesn't want to hear sometimes...' and all that. Then yesterday, he came home with an earwax removal kit, and promptly removed a wad of earwax from his ear that scared the crap right out of me. I thought it was a beetle, and I figured that if a bug could crawl into his ear, it could crawl in mine as well. I nearly ran screaming from the bathroom in horror until he explained what he'd done.

Well. Shut me right up. Of course the man had trouble hearing, and here I was convinced that he was simply ignoring me, and I felt pretty bad about myself and my wife-liness. Or lack there-of.

Last night, I put together a strata which has to refrigerate over night before you bake it, and I used a lot of onion and green pepper and some nice venison sausage and eggs and cheddar cheese. I got up this morning and baked it while I was getting ready for school. I said to Tim, "This is finished, and all you'll have to do is warm yourself a slice of it up in the microwave for lunch. I can't put it in the fridge, because it's too hot from the oven. Don't leave it sit out all day. Put it away once it cools down enough..." and he said he would and out the door I went.

I got home tonight, and half a strata was sitting on the stove where I left it.

Don't feel nearly as bad about myself and my wife-liness.

Tim? You need to do some more work on that ear.

6 comments:

Mikey said...

Oh goodness, I laughed so hard, I had to read it to Wade. The beetle part sent me right over the edge. .

A Novel Woman said...

I took my son to the doctor when he was but a wee lad of 3 or 4. I said my son has a hearing problem, I'm convinced of it. The doctor examined him and said, "No, your son doesn't have a hearing problem. He has a listening problem." Seems to be a genetic thing, passed on from father to son.

Kelly said...

I wish my husband's hearing loss was due to something as simple as ear wax. Not hearing definitley affects a marriage in SO many ways. *sigh*

Roland said...

did you ever see captain corelli's mandolin? the old man was deaf in one ear most of his life, only to find out it was an olive...

quid said...

I'm gonna have to get that ear cleaning kit for my son! Talk about leaving food out for hours!

quid

WhiteStone said...

Hubby bought two hearing aids about two years ago. He finally realizes he needs to WEAR them! roflol