Monday, October 3, 2011

*gak* II

It always amazes me how a good night's sleep can change things all around.

F'rinstance, it is still cold and rainy this morning. It looks as if there is wet snow mixed in. The house is cold. We do not fire up the woodstove this early in the season. It's that uncomfortable season when it is not quite cold enough for a day long fire, but not quite warm enough to go without heat at all. We go through this period every spring and every fall. I'm drinking my second cup of hot coffee and contemplating getting up to begin this day. I'll wear a warm sweater today, and everything will be fine.

The appraiser will be coming this morning. The house is fairly squared away, but I haven't had time to do more than a lick and a promise, because I've been studying my hind end off. (Although sadly, it is still there.) I'm glad that I do not have to deal with her. She is a loud woman. I actually had to hold the phone away from my ear when she called. She is pushy and will have her way. I'll be somewhere else and that is good. Tim can handle her.

Our apartments never stay empty long.

The practical, part 1, is today. By the end of today, the practical, part 1 will be over, and I am grateful for that. I will walk in there and I will take the test. I know what I know, and I am sort of confident that I know enough. Kind of. Pretty much.

In other words, just ignore yesterday's comment. It was written after an entire day of pacing about the house flexing various joints and calling out muscles and muscle range and goniometer placements. By the end of it, I was weary and cranky and not fit to post on a blog.

But about that kimche, Cara...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work at the hospital and have heard a few people looking for apartments. Where are yours located?

Kelly said...

Okay. I'll pretend I didn't read yesterday's post.

I have confidence you will do well on the practical today. I'll say a quick prayer!