Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cara Yelled at Me.

I've been working on these muscle cards for some time now. Two weeks, maybe three, a little bit every day. I carefully went on line and compared pictures of teres major or rhomboideus minor or flexor carpi digitorum etc until I found the picture that displayed the muscle best. This was a tool for us to use, index cards with the joint movement, the muscles responsible, goniometer tips and manual muscle testing, against gravity, and gravity minimized. So I've been collecting the information over the weeks.

Imagine my horror to discover that we needed a 'works cited' page. It did not say that in our written instructions, but she had told us, and somehow I missed that. I did not think of it in term of a paper were were handing in, but a tool for our own use. One that was going to be graded. There was no way to figure out where all of those pictures had come from. Not at this point. I was pretty upset at myself.

Yesterday, I worked on those cards and I knew that I would get a poor grade on them, despite my hard work. It was my own fault, but I'd been studying too hard to go back and do them all over again. Cara IM'ed, and I told her about my project. About the poor grade I was expecting to receive. 'I didn't care,' I said. I'd been studying for this practical, and I had to be at work at 5 in the morning. 'Too late to change it now,' I said.

Cara proceeded to read me the riot act.

Long story short. I got up at 5 AM. I worked until 1. I came home and the two weeks of work? I did it ALL over again in one very long night. I redid all my pictures from one website online, and just for good measure, double checked my measurement information. It's midnight. Tomorrow I'll get up early, run to Walmart to get laminating sheets, and then I laminate it all before I turn it in tomorrow, while I'm waiting to take the second part of my practical.

I'm tired, but I am not too tired to point this one out: Cara? I have never read you the riot act about your school work. Just saying.

4 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

Goodness. I think Cara might need to be promoted to Sargeant Major...
:-)
BB

A Novel Woman said...

Hahaha! I'm going to get Cara a nice whistle to hang around her neck.

Cara said...

You are at school to do your best. You start taking the "I don't care" attitude and you know where that's gonna get you? McDonalds working a double shift making whoppers for unappreciated wiener schnitzels. Do you want that? DO. YOU. WANT. THAT? That's what I thought. Now give me 20! (I'm gonna start a reality show for college bootcamp...) Love ya ma.

PaintedPromise said...

laughing hysterically! go Cara!!!!