Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today.

Oooh. I've been studying hard, and it's making me a little crazy. I always feel like there is just. so. much. more. I. need. to. know. *whimper* I went to bed later than I should have last night, got up at 3 for freight day at the store, ended up working until 3 PM which made me cross and tired. The freight team has always done freight and left. Today we were assigned cleaning one side of the store. Deep cleaning. Thorough cleaning. No one was happy about that. It's not a lot of fun to be dirty and smelly and socially unacceptable, and still interacting with customers.

I am afraid that I got kind of snotty about it. A 10 hour day is bad enough. A 10 hour day busting ass is horrid. I hadn't brought lunch because we never work that late, and when we do, the store generally sends out for pizza. I drove home. I had a call that I had to make. I grabbed a sandwich and vented my spleen to Tim, and then headed back out the door and went back to work. I apologized to Ryan, the freight team leader . I can be ornery when provoked, and the whole thing was not his idea, to be sure.

In any case, I came home hungry and tired, and put in several hours of studying, and still feel dumb. I was saved by little snippets of entertainment over at BB's comment section, a words of wisdom from Kelly and a invitation to go to Pumpkin Town with my nephews and sister in law. Thanks everyone. You saved the day.

But parts of it still sucked.

3 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

Glad (my amazing commenters) could be of assistance! Sleep well.
:-)
BB

Jayne said...

Sleep well, you've earned it!

Kelly said...

You really were having a rough day, weren't you! I'm glad you made it through.