Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Magic!

I was headed out of Walmart yesterday. As I headed towards the sliding glass doors, an elderly man was headed in. He flashed a huge smile and with great flair, he raised his hands and flung them wide. The doors slid open, just as they usually do when a person approaches them, and with the grin of a satisfied magician, he dropped his hands and stepped through the door.

I burst out laughing and said, "Man, that's quite a magic trick there, by gosh!" and he said, with mock modesty, "Yes. I know a lot of tricks like this."

I love that the world has characters like that. I made up my mind that I'm going to be one.




6 comments:

Pencil Writer said...

And why not! ;-}

Jayne said...

Too late!
You already are one ;)

Kelly said...

I love this!!

BUSH BABE said...

Jayne took the words right out of my mouth. Also, this is my third effort at commenting. Blogger doesn't like me today. (Even throwing my arms wide as I pressed 'post comment' didn't help. It's going to be one of those days!)
:-)
BB

WhiteStone said...

Aww, Jane already said it. lol. You already ARE! There's probably some blogger out there writing about YOU and wishing they were just like you! lol

PaintedPromise said...

ditto Jayne!!