Friday, September 2, 2011

I was driving to the Erie Cancer Center yesterday. The route took me past a house that I have been passing since I was a girl. This house is big, looks like a mansion you'd see somewhere in England, with a big horseshoe driveway. I always used to dream about what the inside of that house looked like. I imagined walking in to a huge foyer. I imagined fireplaces and a library, and...well...just say that I could dream on a pretty grand scale even as a kid.

As I passed the house, I remembered all my daydreaming about it, how I used to try to imagine myself in a house that grand. Suddenly, it occurred to me. I have a house that grand. It is not a big stone house, but it is a grand house, and it is being lovingly brought back to it's former glory. It struck me once more, how very very lucky I am.

It sounds like bragging a bit doesn't it? I don't mean it to. I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure that I'm not just daydreaming still.

5 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

No, it does NOT sound like bragging. Old habits die hard, eh? (Note Canadian content, eh.)

Kelly said...

Agreement with NW. It does not sound like you're bragging. You are putting a lot of hard work and love into your new house and you definitely deserve some pleasure from it.

jeanie said...

Hot dang - you gotta have a bit of a gloat, because as has been said, you and Tim have worked awfully hard and smart for such a reward - and it is a well loved one too!

WhiteStone said...

Do not feel guilty about enjoying a lovely home that you and Tim have restored to loveliness!
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

PaintedPromise said...

agree, agree, agree!!!!