Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hi.

Coming up for air.

Yes. I got Cara. It was supposed to take one hour and 49 minutes. It took me two and a half hours. Gees. The road markers signs are verrrrrrrrrrrry far apart. I'd driven so far I thought I made a mistake. I hadn't. I got there.

I picked up Cara, sans luggage, just a few minutes early. I'd allowed myself an extra hour because I was traveling with a baby. William traveled well. Good as gold.

Until we came home. He took a fit like none other. We took an hour break until he fell asleep and got back on the road again.

Cara was exhausted. I was exhausted. William was exhausted. Two of this group got some good sleep on the way home. You may guess which two.

We ran into terrible weather. The windshield wiper broke. I tried to call Tim. No answer. You may guess who started to get a little weepy at that point. (Hint: William was still sound asleep.)

I went to bed late, and have to be at work by five am for freight day.

Oh. Sunday night, I got new sneakers. Dr. Scholls. Yeah. I'm gellin'. They force you to walk different, and you do not come down on your heel. They are wierd to wear, but despite my doubts, they seem to help the leg and foot pain. This morning will be the test.

Yeah. I know. I need to post pictures.

It's going to be a busy week. Party on Saturday, housefull of people coming in. I'm not sure when I'll actually get to it, but I will try.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Dr Scholl's rock, hope you've had an early night to catch up on your rest :)

Kelly said...

Glad to know all is well. Hope the new shoes help!

Anonymous said...

so glad Cara is home safe, I have followed her adventures.
I have a lot of foot problems and the dr. said to get new balance shoes with a roll bar in the arch. I have very little pain now unless I try to go bare foot for a day or so.