Sunday, July 17, 2011

The White Tornado

I cleaned my house today. REEEEEEEEALLY good. It was like a white tornado went through it.



Did I tell you my house is clean?

See, I'm making a deal about this, because it's not really one of those things that happens on a consistant basis. I try. I usually get started, and then something else comes up, and then I never quite get back to it. But today, I got it done. (Did I mention?)

A couple came to look at the house. (Is this connected to the frantic house cleaning? Maybe...why do you ask?) They left telling us that they are "very interested". They are going to the bank. They both have good jobs. It seems very possible that this could happen. Tim and I keep looking at each other and saying, "But we weren't going to put it on the market until next spring..." In this uncertain economy, though, if there is someone who wants to buy a house that you are planning to sell anyway, well, you'd be wise to sell it.

We went out to dinner tonight, to a place that makes a good grilled chicken salad. We're not celebrating. It's way premature for that, but we are amazed at how this has all unfolded: the new house at an unbelievably low price, home repairs proceeding at a remarkable clip. And now someone just up and wants to talk to us about our house. It just seems strange to us that these things are unfolding with absolutely no effort on our part.

Today in the restaurant, there was a man, with a pot of coffee, sitting alone at the booth, staring out the window. The waitress brought him his entree, and he ate it, slowly, the giant man with his head low over his food, looking neither left or right. Just eating. He just looked so lonely. I wanted to talk to him. I really wanted to know his story.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Sounds like everything is coming together for you and Tim, the Universe is opening all those doors ;)

Kelly said...

This all sounds so promising!!

...wanna come clean my house next?? :)

BUSH BABE said...

Kelly took the words right out of my mouth!!!
:-)
BB

BUSH BABE said...

Kelly took the words right out of my mouth!!!
:-)
BB