Saturday, July 30, 2011

This and That, Once Again.

A guy came into the store looking hot and bedraggled and with a bloody nose. "Gees," I said, looking at him, "what'dya do? Snot off to the wrong person?" He looked at me surprised. "Why?" I looked back at him, just as surprised. "Well, to start with your nose is bleeding..." He looked a little dazed. "Is it?" "Uh-huh," I said. He tells me that he was mowing his lawn, and a rock came up and hit him in the face. He did not realize that his nose was bleeding. I said, "My friend, you fought the lawn, and the lawn won." He said, wearily, "I need a shower..." and he dragged out the door with his chicken feed. Poor guy.

I went shopping. I'm having the most excruciating time with my feet. Tim and I are going to my nephew's wedding tomorrow (James and Rosalind). I had to find a pair of flat shoes. I found a pair of shoes that look like ballet flats. I think they will work with my dress. I found myself looking at sexy bras and really longing to wear something like that. I can't. I'm lopsided. Flopsy and Notsy. I contemplated stuffing one side. I don't know. I guess that I have to work up to that. I dread the thought that my husband might find me 'hot', only to get me home and watch me pull the stuffing out of one side. That would be a real turn on, hey? *winces* But anyway, I have a nice pair of shoes to wear that hopefully, will allow me to even get a couple dances in with my husband.

I will spend most of the day with Buddy and Brianna and wee William. I'm looking forward to that too.

I came home and I worked on my homework for three hours. The good news is that I only have three more questions. I will work on them after the wedding and the reception tomorrow, and turn them in (hopefully) Saturday night. It is due Monday, but I will be driving to pick up my Cara. I have not seen her since March, and that is the longest we have gone without seeing each other. I am excited about that reunion too.

So that's it really. Good night all.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Hope the shoes are comfy and you all have a lovely time :)

BUSH BABE said...

HAve fun - and give Brianna and Cara hugs for me!
:-)
BB

Kelly said...

Hope everything is going well today and your feet aren't hurting!

Lots of exciting stuff for you in the next few days! :)

Bob said...

What a wonderful reunion it will be w/ your baby girl! Enjoy!