Monday, July 4, 2011

Life is Good.

I went to the dentist. I met a reader, and we had the most delightful conversation. I really love that. And then the dental hygienist went to school at about the same time as me (she's a little younger), but we talked our heads off. I saw a neighbor, Karen walking down the road, and stopped the car to give her a hug and blab for a time. I like talking to people.

Despite the funeral, this weekend was nice. To correct a misconception, we are not moved into our house. It is completely empty, save for the bed we hauled out of a guest room up here. We just slept there. We celebrated with wine in bed, and talked about how lucky we are. (Neither one of us would have ever dreamed we would be so blessed!) It was nice. The house is cool and well insulated. We heard a few more sirens than one hears in the woods, but they sounded comfortingly far away. The first morning, I woke up to the sound of a cardinal in the back yard. Nice. Very nice.

We watched fireworks from the front seat of our car, holding hands. That was nice.

I like my e-reader very much.

I found a local source for chocolate covered coffee beans. *delighted sigh*

Next weekend, we have the big family reunion/brick oven bread baking reunion. I get to go. And then Sunday, we're heading out again, to Johnsonburg, for the baptism of my newest nephew Brandon. July 30th, my nephew is getting married. Cara will be getting back stateside on the first of August. We're having a party the following weekend. Dylan and Brittani will be coming home. It would be nice to be able to have it at the new house, but we don't know, not for sure. We've got another wedding celebration August 20th. Hopefully, at some point in there, I'll be able to do some grandbaby dandling.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you cleared that up (about the house) and glad you took a bed. Kinda hot for sleeping bags!

You really have a lot to look forward to over the next couple of months. Funny...I misread your last paragraph at first and thought you were headed to Johannesburg - as in South Africa!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, although Norman did work on the Ivory Coast for a while, a welder/mechanic for gold mining equipment! Nope. We're staying local.

And, strangely, not hot here. Coolish, and rainy-ish. Happy 4th! ~Debby

quid said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and a busy summer, Deb! Have fun!

quid

Cara said...

Who is getting married?

Anonymous said...

James and Roslyn, two days before you get home. Then Peeper and Brooke in August. I worked with him and the conservation district.

Anonymous said...

at