Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Amazing.

We went down to work on the house this morning. As per usual. We put the bathroom back together. I scrubbed the walls and the floor too. It looks nice. (no. Didn't have the camera. That Bush Babe is standing right behind me, isn't she? And she's giving me a very dirty look, isn't she?) I took the last of the curtains down, and they're in a pile downstairs waiting to be washed. (no...it's not like that...I've already got a load in.) Tim installed the new commode. I scrubbed the disgusting bathtub until it looked nice again. All that is left to do in that room, really, is to replace the bathtub surround. We've got Joe painting. He painted two rooms today. He's coming back tomorrow too, bless his heart. I've got one last room on the second floor to wash down, and then it's on to the third floor. We're looking at renting the floor sander in the next couple weeks, and then working on the floor refinishing. Room by room it's coming together.

Meanwhile, I've said what I always say, which is, "Boy, it's a heck of a lot easier to maintain a house than it is to clean a house. So, to that end, I came home, made Tim lunch and spent an hour spiffing up this house.

Now, it's time to work on my Psychology homework. Feeling very productive today, by golly.

Late Edit: I have been working on my homework for a solid 3+ hours now. I was on page seven, when suddenly everything froze and the computer shut down to protect itself. I nearly had a heart attack when the document came up on page three, where I was when I shut it down the last time that I worked on the assignment. I found the autosaved document. Oh, I'm so grateful for 'autosave'. I have four more questions to go. Only four. I am beginning to think that I am going to get it done tonight.

Know what? When (and if) I get it done tonight, I'm heading down to the new house to retrieve a bottle of wine. Ay yi yi.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Well, well. You HAVE had a productive day!

BUSH BABE said...

I love it when a plan comes together... wish mine would more often!!!
:-)
BB
PS You are too virtuous for words. And yes, that was me standing behind you!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW it! ~ Debby

Jayne said...

You deserve that bottle of wine!

Cara said...

Oh good, does this mean you can straighten up my room to? Just kidding. Unless that answer was a yes, and then I'm completely serious.