Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dumb de dumb dumb.

The old car 'dinged' when it was low on gas. This car does not. So I'm driving home from school (I had to pick up a text book for my Abnormal Psychology on-line class). The car gives this little hiccup, and I look down and am horrified to see that the fuel gauge points to 'E'.

I begin to pray, hard, because the gas station is not far ahead, and much to my relief, I make it. I get to the gas station, and I pull up to the pump. The car dies. Just like that. I get out of the car and I am grateful, ever so grateful that I made it.

Except...

Except THIS car's gas tank is on the other side of the car.

And, no...

It wouldn't start again.

But, yes...

People helped me push it.

*sigh*

In my next life, I'd like to be bright.

9 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

"In my next life, I'd like to be bright."
I know that feeling. If it helps at all, your story produced a hearty laugh on my end. So it was good for something.

A Novel Woman said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! That post should come with a beverage alert!

WhiteStone said...

*laughing in Iowa*
*laughing and laughing and laughing*
roflol

Kelly said...

Ahahahha!! At least you made it to the station!

nancyspoint said...

You do tell a great story! It could have been so much worse!

Bill of Wasilla said...

If you are not bright now, then bright is beyond my comprehension. Plus, you gave those people who pushed you into place something to feel good about.

Hal Johnson said...

I'm not laughing. Really.

Caroline said...

I could have done that. One time I ran out of gas 1/4 of a mile from home, just after I left the house. The nearest gas station was 2 miles.

Roland said...

I recently ran out of gas on a cross country trip in my Prius. I typically get 430+ miles from a tank, and still have about .5 gallon left when I fill it back up, so I know 450 is about my limit (although I had one 475 mile tank with room to go further, still!).

So, not realizing that a Prius gets better mileage in the city than on the highway, I was surprised to run out at 390 miles, and in the middle of the Arizona mountains. The next station was just 2 miles up ahead...