Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dog Days

Feet and legs are better today.

I'm still working on homework. I'm about halfway done. Due by Aug. 1. Problem is August 1 is when I'm picking up Cara, and I do NOT want to worried about homework on that day, so am trying to get it done early, so as not to be concerned. I have a B+ in the class so far, and have learned a valuable life lesson. Do not try to take an online test when you are busy, and not ready to give it your full attention. I had plenty of time to go back and check it over, but I was in a hurry, thought 'that's good enough...' I ended up with a shocking 70% in that, which nearly gave me fits. I will never do that again. Totally threw my 'A' away with that one exam.

Other exciting news? The heat has broken. We have reasonable temperatures again. It was windy last night, and I hoped it would rain, but it didn't. I took my aching bones to bed early last night, slept like a rock, probably a combination of the cooler temperatures. Maybe the large glass of wine had something to do with it as well. (Disclaimer: I took the pain killer before noon, and waited to drink the wine until after 7, as the effects of the painkiller began to wane. I did not mix the two.)

I saw this online, and it made me laugh. Passing it along for your laugh of the day as well.

Dog Rules

1. The dog is NOT allowed in the house.

2. Okay, the dog is allowed in the house, but ONLY in certain rooms.

3. The dog is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay OFF the furniture.

4. The dog can get on the OLD furniture only.

5. Fine, the dog is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.

6. Okay, the dog is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.

7. The dog can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.

8. The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.

9. The dog can sleep under the covers every night.

10. Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Ha! Made me laugh, too. Sometimes we let them rule our lives. I don't, of course. (and I'm sure you believe that)

Glad you have a respite from the heat. Still awfully hot around here. *sigh*

Glad you feel better today, too.

Anonymous said...

LOL Laughing cause that's what happens. Hopefully Mikey will see this since she posted that pic of Wade & Thelma. LOL

KarenTX

Cara said...

Dog days mean the days in summer when it's optimal to eat dog in Korea. Your title just hit my nausea factor a bit, haha.

Bill of Wasilla said...

Next thing you know, the dog will mark its territory in all the places mentioned and then you will give it the bed and buy yourselves a new one and the dog will take that one, too.

Anonymous said...

Love the 'Dog Rules-OK?'. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Barbx

Mary Paddock said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better today. I love the Dog Rules. They are posted over my computer. :)