Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Arrrrrrgggggh!

I am taking Abnormal Psychology as an on-line course. I've never done an on-line course before, and it is quite strange not attending lecture. I turned in my homework assignment yesterday, and felt fairly confident in my knowledge.

So, after I finished nine hours unloading freight at the store tonight, I got home and took a deep breath, and tackled my first online exam. I was a little nervous about doing it at home because if you lose connection for any reason, you are done with the test. No second chances. Weird things happen when you live in the woods, and I was worried about the connection.

Weird things DO happen in the woods, but it was not a connection issue this time. I sat down and began the timed exam and I heard the trash can rattle. "HEY!" I yelled, jumping up and throwing open the sliding glass door. The bear took off at a fast clip hauling the garbage bag, dropping it only after I charged out the back door after him. I'm damn tired of picking up the trash. We've done it twice in the last two days. I grumpily stashed the garbage back in the can, and rushed back in to my timed exam. It was not more than ten minutes later that I heard the can rattle again. "HEY, I'M GETTING TIRED OF THIS!" I yelled. He scooted off once more. This time, I stormed outside, grabbed the trash bag, climbed a ladder and deposited it on the roof of the back porch. I then stormed back inside to work on my timed exam.

I submitted it and ended up with an 84 on it. I was a bit grumpy about that, but you know, I did not lose my connection. It did not occur to me that there was anything besides that to worry about. Pllt. Now I know better.

The end.

12 comments:

Mikey said...

Lol, excuse me while I go chase this bear away... twice. LMAO!! I love it! Only you Debby, only you!

Twain12 said...

LOL..glad you managed to finish the test :)

rhubarbwhine said...

And such is the reason I don't live in the woods. Or near the woods.

OK not really, we have no woods. Or bears. I'd run a mile from a bear!

Well done on the exam :)

BUSH BABE said...

Well I WOULD say that you must be like a bear with a sore head, but I am a little nervous about riling you up now!

ONLY 84?? Golly Deb. You are one hard-to-please bear!
:-)
BB

A Novel Woman said...

Only you. Thanks for my laugh of the day!!

Mary Paddock said...

Waaaay better than "my dog ate my homework". :)

I live in the woods too. No bears here (not brave ones anyway). Just children. And dogs. And husbands.

Mrs.Spit said...

I have this vision of the first Harry Potter, you know where Quirrel comes running into the great hall and shouts "troll in the dungeon, thought you ought to know" and then faints. I can just see you sending a frantic email off "Bear in the woods eating my garbage. Thought you ought to give me 5 exta percentage points"

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I can see you running after that bear (twice) and hurrying back to take that exam. I can see you because I saw how you were hurrying to unload freight at the store last night. By the way, the harness that we purchased for our cat works good! She seems more comfortable in that harness than the other two we tried!

Anonymous said...

Which is why, Linda, you should always ask the opinion of the ever helpful Tractor Supply employees. :)

~Debby

Kelly said...

Well, I can relate to the worry about an internet connection problem in the woods! (boonies, sticks, however you want to classify where I live)

I'm not sure I could have dragged myself away from a timed internet exam for anything. Nothing wrong with an 84.

Anonymous said...

Loved the story and the comments. I agree - nothing wrong with an 84, esp with a bear handicap. Don't know that I would have run outside and challenged it - twice! I've seen pics of them and their teeth and claws - I would probably trip if I had to get back indoors in a hurry! Wow is all I can say.

Barbx

Ro said...

LMAO
Oh, crikey, it's almost "The bear ate my exam".
84?!
Not to be sneezed at, well done :)