Friday, July 8, 2011

Another Post about Nothing

My back feels better, I am relieved to say.

I had a nice chance to sit down and visit with Brianna and the baby last night. Last night when I went to bed, I realized that it has probably been a couple years since we have sat down and talked together, just the two of us. It meant a lot to me.

Here's a story for you: our July 4th parade generally has firetrucks going by throwing out candy to the children, but this year, it was deemed unsafe, although firemen could go down the street and hand out candy to the children. One fireman walked up to a young woman sitting on a blanket with her children. He offered candy to her children if 'she got up and did a little dance for him.'

Un-be-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeevable.

Worst part of the story? She got up and shook it for him. He told her that she'd made his day, and went on along with the parade.

Wonder how many women heard this line? Wonder how many danced? Wonder if Tim and I are the only people in the world who think this is wrong?

6 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Add me to the list!

Mikey said...

The only time that's appropriate is at a strip club. Heinous!! In front of kids too? WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

BUSH BABE said...

Were you in Rio? Or New Orleans? No? Hmmmm...
:-)
BB

Mary Paddock said...

Goood grief. Someone's fire chief needs to know about this. It is offensive--even if he knew the young woman and they were playing some kind of game--some questions should never be asked in public.

ksrgmck said...

This would make me laugh if it weren't so WRONG! Geez.

Scotty said...

I'm embarrassed to call myself a fireman, sheesh.