Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tribute to Tim

I have an idea about gardens. I am a firm believer that whatever you plant should have the common decency to come up year after year so that you don't have to replant it. So today I was planting my flowers, the stuff that I got for a quarter some time back, and haven't had time to get in the ground. All I can say is that I must have been blinded by the price. I got three six packs of annuals. That made me pretty disgusted with myself. But we got another load of leaves out of there, and I got my plants planted.

I saw my cat, but he did not come, although he watched me closely from the next yard over. No, Mikey, I'm not feeding him. Tim would kill me. (so I'll do this when he's not looking

Tim got steak and parsleyed potatoes and strawberry shortcake for Father's day. And a new shirt. He's a good father. He had two of his own, but took on three of mine without blinking an eye. He encouraged them all to go to college, and four out of five of them went. He's still got high hopes for the fifth one. Then he sent me. He's generous, and he's hardworking, and if he doesn't know what to do, he prays about it. I have a good husband. Today was his special day. I'm thinking that he probably deserves more than one of them a year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three lovely stories, Deb. Have been following but not talking. I can identify with the man who didn't sing. I am glad he 'found' his voice.
I am also a sucker for cats and I am sure Tim will be too - he is such a good man (and I have that on very good information!) It is great that you are both enjoying the house so much. When do you plan to move? I know it isn't nearly ready yet though.
Love your stories Barbx

WhiteStone said...

You're right. Tim probably deserves more than one day. How about steak and strawberry shortcake again tomorrow, too! lol

BTW, we had the same menu at our house today only in our case it was strawberries and ice cream. Steak was grilled to perfection.

BUSH BABE said...

EVERY day is Father's Day (at least that's what I tell my hubs!). I think the cat owns the house. Heh. We have one of those here too!
:-)
BB