Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tim

A few weeks back, Tim crushed his finger ripping the radiators out of the new house. I said, "You need to go to a doctor." He did not wanna. He's been soaking his finger in epsom salts. It makes me a little squeamish to look at it. You know, the nail's all lose, etc.
But he did not wanna go to the doctor.
Actual conversation this morning: Tim gets this confused look on his face. I wait. He says, "You know, my finger is beginning to smell bad."
He did not wanna go to the doctor, but he did, anyway. And then to the hospital for x-rays to see if the infection is in the bone. The technician said, "Well. You did quite a job on that finger. Expect to hear from your doctor." (What the flip does that mean? I'll bet it is not good news...) When we were done at the hospital, we went to the Walmart to pick up some antibiotics in the handy horse size.

11 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

Sigh. They are always immortal and made of steel until they are not.

I hope the infection is easy to overcome.

Jayne said...

Yikes!
Just make sure he takes the whole course of antibiotics and I hope he mends soon.

Mikey said...

OH no. That's not good if it smells. Oh wow. I hope he's going to be ok. Men. Tough guys. Geez.

debby_hornburg@yahoo.com said...

I saw the funniest shirt: "Go back in time to when men were men, and their women could smell them coming a mile away!" It was from a historical society.

Caroline said...

Men! Its just a scratch. I could have killed my husband when he fell off a chair in the back yard and I found him lying on the ground trying to breathe - and he refused medical care. Grr! I hope Tim is okay.

RedWifey said...

You can tell Tim that we're all collectively shaking our "I told you so" heads.

Hope it goes well.

Kelly said...

Oh, my! Yes....take the full course of antibiotics.

Keep us posted!

A Novel Woman said...

Aiiieee! Get that man on antibiotics pronto! And make sure he takes the whole thing. He could get blood poisoning or a bad infection in the bone from that sort of injury. What IS it with men and doctors (and asking for directions, now that I'm on a rant?) Hope he's okay.

Scotty said...

Sigh, does he realise that he's giving all us (guys) a bad image, lol - hie him henceforth to ye olde medicinal cabinet.

:-)

quid said...

This is not good.

Do you think there is some anti-physician element in testosterone?

quid

PaintedPromise said...

ditto Redwifey...