Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Robins

This picture was taken May 29th.
This picture taken today, June 4th. Quite a difference, hey? The little boogers are standing in their nest and flapping their little wings. However, when I try to duck out there to get a picture of that, why they ease back down into that nest and peer over the edge. Probably thinking, "Momma? Momma? We need you, Momma!"
Momma was down in the yard scrounging worms for her brood. By this time, she takes no note of me. Tim is her special buddy. Last week, as Tim worked on the wood, whenever he moved the wood, he'd throw any worms he found to her. She began to hang close and watch what he was doing, waiting for him to toss her another earthworm.

I will try to get a picture of our little fledglings before they light off. If the last two years are any indication, we will have another nest of robins on the back porch before summer is over.

Late edit: Much to my surprise, I walked out on the back deck and one of the babies flew away before my very eyes. Now there are only two in the nest.

3 comments:

quid said...

Remarkable pictures! I really miss having robins, which we don't see in this part of Florida.

quid

Kelly said...

Wow!! That all transpired quickly!!

I enjoyed the photos.
:)

Bill of Wasilla said...

Boy!

I haven't even seen a robin yet.

And your robin babies are already flying.

Our robins will get here, though.