Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The final countdown...

One thing that I do well, and I know I do well, is that I can put together a presentation. Yesterday, our group (yes...another group project...)each came up with a different lesson plan for preschoolers. One for gross motor. One for prewriting skills. Another for letter recognition. On and on. Mine was pre-math, and so I did some reading, and saw a cute craft idea for ladybugs, and so I incorporated that craft into a story line, and basically, we will follow the adventures of 10 lady bugs (very polite lady bugs to reinforce manners and social skills) and we will be counting them as they go this way and that. I like to do things like that.


We presented our lesson plans yesterday, six of them, and we had to choose one that we were going to go with. I was hoping that we'd go with Stellaluna, because frankly, I'm tired. I am really, really tired. They loved my story. "Awww," they said. "Did you write that yourself? That's so cute..." and they all excitedly began discussing how we could present it to 30 kids.


It made me glad that they loved it. I was proud that they chose mine as the one to present. But I'm tired of working on school stuff. I'm so ready to be done.


First final on Friday. Final Lab practical on Tuesday. Another final on Wednesday. That's all I know, so far.


Last day of class is May 16th. I know that I have a couple finals after that, but I should have a little breathing room to study for them. First day of summer school on May 24th.

4 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

Woo-hoo! Count down here too. Thursday is the last day of classes--Turned in my last paper today, three finals to go--beginning Saturday, ending next Thursday.

Jayne said...

Woot!
Congrats on the ladybird lesson plan :)
Sounds odd to hear you mention Summer school in May!

jeanie said...

Love the ladybirds!! When you say "First day of summer school on May 24th" does that mean you are a HUGE sucker for punishment?

Kelly said...

I know you'll be more than ready for a brief respite!