Monday, May 16, 2011

Big Day

Surprised to see a blog post this morning? So am I. But the hot water tank went. Tim turned it on enough to get some water that is heating in a kettle right now. I'll take a sink bath, wash my hair. Yay. Seems an ominous start to the day that has me scared spitless anyway.

This weekend was kind of a interesting weekend. I spent a lot of time with my books, but I received a couple facebook messages, one from a little girl who used to come to our house when we lived in Michigan, back when the kids were little. She had spinal bifida. It was a big deal to her to come visit, because I could take care of her. Our house was the only house that invited her to come spend the night. She's all grown up and married now. Another couple messages came from two sisters. One reminded me that she'd been driving by and made her husband turn around and come back, 'because she thought I was that lady who writes in the paper'. I got to be friends with her whole family, actually. Her mother was ill with cancer. I used to work with her sister. You know. Small town stuff. She said again how her mother had loved me. Told me that she found my stories inspiring. Sometimes when you are at low ebb, it means even more to hear that at some point you made a difference in someone else's life.

On that bright note, I need to get going. Wish me luck. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have been kind. This weekend, I found plenty of evidence to support both of those statements.

Late Edit: Today's final seemed easy. Which is frightening. Whenever I walk out of a test feeling confident, it usually swings around to bite me.

Tim, bless his heart, has the new hot water heater about ready to go. You know, I've got a lot to make up to him this summer. He's probably feeling very ignored, although he denies it. For every married student in college, there is a spouse in the background plugging on. Alone. I owe him. Big time.

5 comments:

Hal Johnson said...

Best of luck to you, Debby. And, you should keep Tim.

Kelly said...

Sounds to me like your day turned around.

BUSH BABE said...

Glad your finals went well. Glad Tim got the water heater fixed. Hugs to you both!
:-)
BB

Anonymous said...

Well done Deb - another one down. I am sure you will do well, but know the feeling! Enjoy your well earned break. is the house through yet?

Love Barb

quid said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck, Debby!