Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Update

It's been a struggle keeping up with things, but I'm doing it. Just barely. I've got a prensentation to do as well as a major paper due. Tomorrow. The major paper? It needs to be restructured. I think that I know how I am going to do it. I've got to finish the references. The presentation? I don't have a bit of it done. It will be another late night.

Yesterday at work, I was golden. You ever have one of those days when everything just clicks? It did for me. It just seemed like every time the manager was gnashing his teeth over something, I was able to figure it out. (Truth be told, it was probably because I had more time to devote to solving the problem. He was busier than a one armed paper hanger. Still, though, it made me feel good. "Hey, Ike? I'm golden!"He's a lot of fun to work with. His mustache would twitch, and his eyebrows would go up, and he'd say, "Way to go! Awesome!" At the end of the night, walking across the parking lot to our vehicles, he thanked the cashier and I multiple times. It was a big night, and we had worked together really well. Got a lot done.

Wish I'd have a day like that at school.

*sigh*

We sell a sign at the store. It has an outhouse on it, and it reads: 'This is the only place I know what I'm doing.' I need to get that.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a funny sign!!

BUSH BABE said...

Love it!! The sign not the frustration with schoolwork - although I do think you are terribly tough on yourself. An 80% for most people would be reason for celebration!
:-)
BB

Hal Johnson said...

Please don't tell my bride about that sign.