Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Testing...testing...1...2..3

I've got three tests coming up. One tomorrow. Two on Friday. It's such a lot to know. Right now, I have a headache, and I figure that the best thing I can do for myself is go to bed, digest this stuff, and get up early tomorrow morning and go over it once again with a fresh mind.
Tomorrow night, I'll come home and once again, I'll hit it hard for the two tests on Friday. I am overwhelmed, and I don't imagine you'll be hearing much from me for the next couple days. The one thing that I wish more than anything is that I could pull all nighters. I could use the extra study time, but what I know about myself is that when I'm tired, I might just as well go to bed, because I am retaining nothing. It's times like these when I question my own sanity...whatever made me think that heading back to college was a good idea?
But we dissected sheep eyes in Anatomy and Physiology lab. At first, I was squeamish, cutting into an eyeball, but then once inside, locating all the things listed in my lab manual, I found myself fascinated. I'd never seen the inside of an eyeball before. I studied the retina. I studied the lens. I looked inside the ciliary body and saw the iris, and the pupil in the middle of it. Lucky that I have moments like that...it reminds me why heading back to college was a good idea.

4 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Just remember, as my mother used to reassure me when I was in school, "everyone is in the same boat." You'll be fine.

This too shall pass.

BUSH BABE said...

Hang tight Deb - it will all be worth it in the end!
hugs
BB

Jayne said...

Good luck with the tests, you'll be fine :)

Kelly said...

Never underestimate what a good night's sleep can do for the brain.

I hope you'll do well on all your tests!