Monday, April 4, 2011

First Day back to School

Today was the first day back to school. I'd had a busy weekend at work, and when I went to bed, I was tired. Really tired. But then I found myself tossing and turning. 'Did I set the alarm?' *flop* 'Why, yes. Yes I did set the alarm.' *stare into the dark* 'What if I don't wake up in the morning?' *tosses a little* 'But I always wake up in the morning. Even on spring break, I was waking up at my regular getting up time. Although I didn't always get up.' *stretches out* My thoughts ran around in circles like a cat chasing it's tail. I was cold. I was too warm. I finally fell asleep.


I was awake before the alarm went off. (As usual) I was tired from my restless night.


When I went to school, I showed a friend one of our assignments, one that I'd spent several hours on. It was six pages long. "When is this due?" I asked. "I didn't write down a due date for this..." and she said, "That? We didn't have to do that. It was something they gave us as an enrichment exercise, if we wanted to do it." Me, shocked, but still holding out hope: "Is it maybe worth extra credit or something?" Nicole: "No."


I was sick to think of how much time I spent on that.

7 comments:

steviewren said...

Bummer! That stinks.

quid said...

I had that same kinda nite. But, I didn't spend time enriching me. I watched Chopped Champions instead. Nextime, play hooky and do the same!

Hugs!

quid

Hal Johnson said...

Ouch.

jeanie said...

Ah - but how ENRICHED do you feel?

I had a baby with a sore tummy to keep my tossing and turning focussed.

Debby said...

Oh, I'm the most enriched moron I know...

Bill of Wasilla said...

Ah, the first day of school! The smell of paste, and color crayons, of little kids farting and trying to be quiet about it.

I remember it well.

Bill of Wasilla said...

You are probably enriched now, so that is not so bad.