Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trivia

It's been a bit of a hard time around here. We love our children, but sometimes, lines need to be drawn. We want to save them, but we can't. The biggest gift we can give them is stepping back and allowing them to figure out that they can save themselves. However that 'gift' is never appreciated at the time. So it has been a sad time and a grieving time for me.

School has been hectic. Another group project. I am currently involved in three of them. Two of them are going well, actually. The third? Gah! Meetings are set up, no one shows, I do lots of typing. Someone else redoes all the typing. Lots of work being done that I didn't have to do. I've got a bucket load of assignments with varying due dates. I just try to knock them out. My A in Anatomy and Physiology is now a B.

Tim put a bid in on a house (sorry, I guess you have to click on the first house, the green one) yesterday. He low-balled it. We figured that if they took it, they took it. If they didn't, no harm, no foul. (It has not been lived in for a couple of years). Today that bid was accepted. It's a three story, six bedroom house. Hardwood floor, fireplace. Glass fronted book cases on each side of that fireplace. It will be beautiful, but it needs some serious cleaning up. No structural deficiencies on this one - good news - but it does need to have the heating system replaced. It has a garage out back. It looks as if someone began to rehab the place and then, for whatever reason, simply stopped. Interestingly enough, it's on the same street as the rental houses, dead center between the two of them. Cara said, "Are you guys playing Monopoly?" This will be my summer project, since cleaning and refinishing hardwood floors is something that I can definately do all by myself. Tim will finish the final rental apartment. I'm looking forward to it.

9 comments:

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Congratulations! The house looks nice!

BUSH BABE said...

How cool... great house! Hugs re: the first bit.

BB

A Novel Woman said...

Tough love is still love, after all.

And that house, it's gorgeous. I thought the asking price was a typo. You can't buy an empty lot for that around here. I'm in shock. I think I need to move. Howdy, neighbour.

Cara Powers said...

I think I heard about that kid who studied abroad and then her parents moved away while she was gone. Oh wait, that was me. LOL. Congrats on the beautiful home, can't wait to dirty it up when I'm on break at school. Love you.

quid said...

Hardest thing I ever learned; to keep silent and let them figure it out, and to even bogart my advice a little when they ask.

New house is a flip for sale? Or rent? Sounds like a great project!

quid

Lydia said...

Congratulations on the house!

And, you are doing right by your kids. I know that a muscle doesn't get stronger by not being forced to work. Kids won't grow and learn to fend for themselves when not forced to do so. But ouch.

Kelly said...

Nothing wrong with a B, Debby. And that first paragraph? Yes. Difficult, but true.

Bill of Wasilla said...

Congratulations. I'm glad that bird Tim put on the house flew.

If things go to hell around here, I will bring Margie down and we will live in one of your rental units.

PaintedPromise said...

lol at Cara's comment...

Deb the house is awesome!!!!!