Friday, March 4, 2011

Is it just me or....

It never ceases to amaze me. Whenever I feel my confidence rising, well, right on the heels of that, there's a dumb thing just waiting for me to do it.

*sigh*

Now, is that just me or are you all like that too?

(Please say it's not just me. Even if it is. Lie to me if necessary.)

I signed up for a meeting. My scheduler was in my book bag in another classroom. I did not immediately write it down. I made the mistake of waiting until after I got home from school to write it in. Yep. I wrote it down for the wrong day. Today, Nichole said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

Me: *blank stare* "Why? What's happening tomorrow?"

You know, I'm grateful today for my co-worker Karen who said, "Sure. I'll come in for you..."

On that bright note, off to work.

7 comments:

WhiteStone said...

We live so by the calendar these days that I'm learning to carry it with me EVERYwhere!

It's also helpful to check it daily. Sometimes I'm remiss about that!

Bob said...

No it's not just you but dare I say, with all due respect, that it's possibly a woman thing? Again, that's with all due respect and I am a card carrying feminist. But my wife, she has a calendar on her computer and a "manual" one that she carries. And the computer one transfers over to her phone. But bless her heart, she still shows up to get her hair cut the day before her appointment and often schedules two things at once. And since she is MY calendar, well, you can just imagine . . .

Twain12 said...

nope not just you...life always has a way of keeping me humble LOL

Lydia said...

I am so glad that I am not alone. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop this week as I have lots of "atta-boys" for one reason or another. If know if I let it go to my head, I will be in for a big reality check.

Kelly said...

There's always something dumb waiting for me to do it.

jeanie said...

Ah yes - the flipside of the "if a door closes, another opens" theory...

If all your ducks are lined up in a row, look around for the shoe.

Or something.

Guess who has managed to double-book her Monday morning?

quid said...

It's not just you. Sigh.